I actually really enjoy reading, even though I don't get much time for it after a full time job and trying to keep up a pretty serious knitting habit. My goal tends to stick around 16 books (I tried 24 last year but it was too much). I did read all the Scott Pilgrims in 2012 to boost my numbers because they took hardly any time at all read, but I suppose that's only cheating in my mind. My husband doesn't like that I don't consider graphic novels "real" books. If you want to see my 2012 reading list, you can see that right here.
- Read 16 books (should be attainable, considering that's been my number the last couple years)
- Read all 12 Hellboy graphic novels (included in the 16 books, see Jesse!), main volumes only -- no Odd Jobs or anything
- Knit my first sweater
- Finish/frog all unfinished knit items (see this post)
- Mystery photo project (12 photos)
- Have all birthday and Christmas gifts be either handmade, bought via local handmade vendors, or through local independent stores
(A note on handmade gifts: I try not to force myself to make gifts for everyone on my list. If I know someone will love something I make, I'll make it. Otherwise I buy something! Not everyone is excited about a handknit item, and lots of people just don't understand the amount of time that goes into a handmade craft - and that's okay. It means more knitting time for my own bad self.)
2013 non-craft goals commence!