This is the story of some of those projects.
Some of these I started in 2010. I'm distracted by things! Namely soft, beautiful yarn and cool patterns. My goal for 2013 is to finish a lot of the crap that I've started and left in the lurch, hidden in a bag or a tub, unfinished. Alternatively, I can decide which ones I don't want to make and go ahead and scrap the project already.
Here's my list, which I plan on updating as they happen:
- Bike Basket (only the bottom is done, with stitches cast on to start working up the sides.)
- Sprinkles hat (the main body is done, and I knit a band that was FAR TOO LARGE and threw it in a box for like a year. I finally picked it up back, took off the band, picked up the live stitches and now feel healed enough to continue.)
- Jesse's socks (One is finished, and the other one has been started. He has been not at all patient about getting his own handmade socks, and really, being married to a knitter, he should already have some!)
- Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks bag (I'm improvising a bag with this stitch pattern. "Improvising" was apparent when I had to keep restarting it to get the number of stitches right...the Manos yarn I have chosen is BEAUTIFUL with this pattern. I plan on sewing in fabric, which is really what's worrying me. New territory!)
- Terribly Simple Scarf (this one IS terribly simple, but had to be put on hold for Christmas/birthday knitting. Instead of garter stitch I'm using stockinette because I'm kind of a St st stickler.)
- Miss matched fingerless gloves (basic fingerless gloves pattern, one red and one green - would have been better if finished before Christmas, but so is life. Green glove is already finished knitting, ends need to be weaved in.)
- Pumpkins I started making over a year ago. I finished one and never got around to finishing the other ones. Should be a cute decoration come Halloween (there are orange pumpkins and glow in the dark white ones).
A new project that I know I want to make next year is a sweater! I have a few sweater patterns in mind, but I would like to make the one linked, Basic Black, first. Birdy and I got a bunch of yarn at a second hand craft store, which should be enough yarn (fingers crossed) for a sweater like this. We are planning on doing a knit-a-long for our first sweaters!
I also have a friend who has a baby due in February, and now that I know he's a boy I want to work on a little something for him.
Here's to 2013's knitting!