Sunday, April 21, 2013

Beard in Progress

My man has an orange beard, and I've had the idea for a while to knit a beard...being knit.  I saw this pin and it made me want to get on that already.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out.  I cut a piece of thick cardstock around the beard and roughly sewed it there (otherwise the mouth drooped).  I also put a piece under the knitting needles.

I had a broken set of size 7 knitting needles, from when I first started knitting and kept my knitting on the floor and stepped on it.  Learning experiences!  Luckily I held on the them and finally found a use.  I cut the knitting needles down and whittled the ends a little bit to fit a white bead on them.  Crudely.

I glued the beads on with some Elmer's craft glue that I had originally bought to use for quilling, and then put some on the backside of the stitches so they wouldn't fall all over the place.

I used a couple finishing nails to nail it through the cardstock/cardboard and ruffled the knitting in front of it.  Tada!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if something happens and a freak accident causes jesse to lose his beard... at least he has a replacement