Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Decor

Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song!
-Nightmare Before Christmas


I was very excited when Bkins and I found a duplex to move into. It had been primarily apartment life for us and I was a little tired of it. Stairs? Downstairs neighbors that sound like they're above you? A thing of the past!

This place is perfect except that it is right on a fairly busy street. We have a big beautiful dining room window, but the whole world can see inside when it's open. No one wants to watch Bkins and I stuff our faces with our pants off. That is a privilege very few have taken advantage of. Our street did not need to be a part of that.

I enjoy natural light and hated the idea of keeping our curtains closed all the time. Our neighbor at the time did that and it was kind of depressing, especially since she was really just using sheets. Ick!

Luckily I was able to find my savior in the form of privacy film! This stuff is amazing in that it lets plenty of light through but blocks out anything else! 

Now all this is just a roundabout way of telling you how I used it for our Halloween decorations.

Last year crafty intentions did something similar to what I did and inspired me. Now, I have to tell you hers are perfect, mine however could have used a bit more love. However, being done the day before Halloween I was still happy with it.



The night of Halloween bracken added some of our orange string lights and it made it a little more fun. The shapes are just poster board that's cut and taped up. Again, next year it'll be a little more planned out, but for a last minute thing this was pretty cool.

We even got trick-or-treaters, which is a first for us. Again, apartment life really snubbed us as far as that goes. Not any longer! Next year we're going even further and it will be amazing.

For Christmas we have plans, too, so stay tuned. 



2 comments:

  1. You guys horking down food with your pants off made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and it turned out so cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete